Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Falling in Love

     Fall is my favorite time of year. It always has been ever since I could remember. I love the cool crisp jacket temperatures with the sun on my face. I love the leaves and the raking of them (but not the putting them into bags part). I love the filtered light that is common this time of year. I love watching my son(s) play football. I love the last harvest of fresh fruits and vegetables before winter. I absolutely love my fall birthday. Halloween is my favorite holiday. Fall signals the end of trauma season (which is a work bonus). 
     So I am settled in and enjoying the view once again. This time of year accentuates the peace and joy in my life, and makes me smile. I am happy for each fall day that I can sit on the porch and watch for my kids to come home from school before the snow and cold drive me inside. Each fall brings something new to experience, look forward to, or hope for. It is like my official new year. This fall marks my daughter's first year of school, our first Halloween as a family, and the first time my son has agreed to run a 5K with me (http://www.undeadrace.com/).

4 comments:

  1. You write so beautifully! We welcome the fall with open arms.. what a beautiful time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too. Wow! You are running a race? Awesome & good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cute Lady!!
    Thanks for the note on my blog. I was really happy to see it. :)
    Funny, yes, how we keep meeting up on the internet! I can't wait to read more of this blog you have started. It looks very warm and inviting. How cute your kids are! I need to make a trip to SLC to say hi....put that on "our" agenda, OK? ;)

    ReplyDelete